Ingredients include the following, all of which store well for long periods:
- 1-cup of the corn-starch-and-water dressing base (i.e. oil substitute)
- 1/4-cup organic brown rice vinegar (or red wine vinegar if you prefer)
- 1-tbsp organic Dijon-style mustard
- 1/2-tbsp sugar
- 1-2 cloves of minced or crushed organic garlic
- 1-tsp salt, 1-tsp dried basil, 1/4 tsp paprika, pepper to taste
1. Mix together in a sealable container. Put the lid onto the container and shake well. Then chill in the refrigerator before serving with the salad. And viola! There you have it – Oil-free Italian dressing.
Thoughts & Recommendations:
1. Mix the garlic and vinegar together first. This will help pull the garlic flavor into the liquid more quickly. Then add the rest of the ingredients. The smaller you mince the garlic, the faster (and more) the garlic flavor will seep into the dressing mix.